Amazon’s partners continue to add skills to Alexa-enabled devices, making the in-home assistant more useful every week. Capital One and The Daily Show have taken aim at Alexa in recent days with several useful and fun commands.
Capital One was the first financial institution to let customers access their credit card, checking, and savings accounts through the Echo, Echo Dot, Echo Tap, and Fire TV. This week, Capital One went a step further by adding access to home and auto loan account information.
People who have Capital One-backed loans can now pose several queries to Alexa, Amazon’s artificial intelligence that powers the Echo and associated products. Those questions include, after invoking the AI with “Alexa”:
- When’s my next car payment due?
- How much is my next mortgage payment?
- What’s the payoff quote on my car?
- When is my next mortgage payment due?
- How much more until my motorcycle is paid off?