This 1 hr+ panel took place 8/26/2015 at a meeting sponsored by the Churchill Club
Moderator: Jack Clark, Reporter, Bloomberg
- Adam Cheyer, Co-founder & VP Engineering, Viv.ai
- Nigel Duffy, CTO, Sentient Technologies
- Kevin Quennesson, Engineering Manager & Staff Engineer, Twitter Cortex
- Lauri Saft, VP, Watson Ecosystem & Partner Program, IBM
- Norman Winarsky, Advisor, SRI Ventures
A seemingly static field for decades, the artificial intelligence industry is forging ahead in a mini-boom. In 2014, venture capital funding more than tripled for new AI startups. Furthermore, 2015 forecasts show that AI investments are set to increase nearly 50% between 2014 and 2015 alone.
With advancements in computing power and digital information, entrepreneurs are exploring new applications and potential for AI. From solving the data-intensive problems associated with big data, to making smarter robots and assistants, 2015 is shaping to be the rebirth of AI. Where are the most promising opportunities?